Monday, February 4, 2008

Persepolis

Saw the movie Persepolis over the weekend and it was just wonderful-

For those of you who haven't heard of it, which is pretty likely due to its limited release, Persepolis is a French-made movie chronicling a girl's life who grew up during the Iranian revolution and beyond. It's based off the biography of a woman who originally told her story through graphic novel form, and as a result it's animated in black and white (and, of course, subtitled!). It is truly a masterfully well-done movie, and you should all go see it.

And because I lead a life capable of covering the entire spectrum of culture in one weekend, I will note that like most of America I was quite estatic during the last ten minutes of the Super Bowl last night (because cheering for the Patriots is sort of like cheering for the Evil Empire). Oh, and my favorite commercial was the Doritos one with the mouse.

1 comments:

cvj said...

Hey! That's one of the next movies on my list! Was hesitating only because I thought it might be better to see the graphic novel first...Glad to hear you liked it.

-cvj