Friday, March 14, 2008

Women in Science

I've been bad at the blogging thing lately, so really quickly before I forget here is a column I wrote a few weeks ago on the exciting topic of women in science. Due to a reference to a particular incident about a year ago referenced the article generated quite a bit of discussion, most of which was very supportive and I loved hearing so many people's takes on the issue (and before anyone asks, yes, I'm fine, and no, this was a rather isolated incident so far as my experience within the physics department).

And that's really all I have to say on this issue because I'm kind of tired of discussing it and have more pressing things to do (senior project, Physics GRE, and classes come to mind). This isn't to say I don't find the lack of females in fields like physics upsetting, it just means I'm in school to study physics and not any sociological ramifications! Hope that makes sense.

0 comments: