Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Gaudeamus Igitur

My mom likes to joke that me and my twin brother, Patrick, were always good because even when we were babies we knew not to start walking at the same time. This grace carries on because I obviously didn't graduate last Sunday with the rest of my classmates (though I hear I was mentioned by the university president in her speech for my science journalism!), so there was nothing stopping the family from going down to Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina for the weekend graduation ceremony.

First and foremost, a picture of the smiling graduate-
My brother, who graduated with a Finance B.S. and will go off to work at a bank giving loans to small businesses in a few weeks. Needless to say, I'm very proud of him!
A nice shot of Wait Chapel on the campus of Wake Forest University. It must be said that all of WFU is wonderfully lovely and feels like it's planned out because it is: RJ Reynolds, the tobacco magnate, donated land from his plantation to the university so they built a new one in the 1950s and moved. I always joke that it's the university tobacco built and they are still incredibly smoker-friendly when compared to my own university where the smokers are banned from all but five spots on campus...
Me in the Reynolds garden which was rather lovely, all dolled up because that's what one naturally does at a graduation. These are all the pictures I'm going to post from this as graduations are rather non-exciting for all but a select few involved (namely, I think, the graduate and his/her parents), but that doesn't stop one from giving lavish congratulations of course. I figure anyone really interested can go check out the Facebook album I just created anyway.

0 comments: