Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Found the Higgs!

Ok, it was actually my friend Alison who directed me towards The Particle Zoo, but I've decided to be nice and share it with you guys too-

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or buy a cuddly dark matter particle for my friends who search for them.

One point I'm confused on though- how do they know what these particles look like anyway? Unlike plush microbes it's not like you have a clue, though props to the entrepreneurs for details like taking mass into account and giving the antiparticles faces on the opposite sides.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, it's magic. Duh!

Anonymous said...

szia Yvette!
ez nagyon aranyos, nagyon tetszik!(-:
hogy vagy? mindig olvassuk a blogot, Sári mamama is!
látjuk, hogy nagyon jól érzed magad californiában!- vagy magyarul írjam, hogy kaliforniában?(-:
sok puszit küldök, vigyázz magadra, és szerezz magadnak például egy " bájos kvarkot"(charm quark)!
ha gondolod, küldj egy képeslapot onnan egy particle zoo-s bélyeggel!(-:
szia!!!!!

Yvette said...

Aww koszi szepen Judit! Majd kuldok lapokat nemsokara, igerem. :) Remelem minden jol van nalatok...