Sunday, April 15, 2007

RIP Kurt Vonnegut

Why did no one tell me that Kurt Vonnegut died last Wednesday? I mean yes, I was sort of travelling through some of the more inaccessible regions of the world, but some things are important and you should relay onward!

Maybe next time I head off I should post a note here- "in the event of disaster, apocalypse, or death of a major 20th century writer, please drop Yvette a line as she'd probably like to know about it." Can't hurt.

But anyway, guys, for better or worse writers become immortal in their words, and as such Vonnegut will be immortal for a long time. So get yourself a good spot of tea, grab a copy of Cat's Cradle or Slaughterhouse Five, and reminisce. Or just follow this link and (re)read Harrison Bergeron and how in the year of 2081, everybody was finally equal...

So it goes.

1 comments:

ross said...

"...Vonnegut will be immortal for a long time."

Really? How long does immortality last?

Sorry, but I just thought the wording here was a little unusual and it made me laugh. Have a good rest-of-your-trip!